Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Graduating soon with a degree in Early & Middle Childhood Education (K to 5th grade). Planning to relocate to Puerto Rico and teach English.|||One of thing the things you are really going to have to do is speak Spanish. You may be teaching English, but everything is done in Spanish including forms, textbooks, applications etc.|||First, write to the future ISD you want to teach at to check for vacancies. Just because there's a shortage of teachers does not mean everyone with a degree in teaching gets a job.

I showed up at my first ISD convinced I was a shoe in for teaching and the location was perfect yada yada yada. Guess what I had to seek other employment after arriving and being turned down to repay the loan I made to buy my plane ticket and shipping my furniture. Not a good surprise.

A degree just means we have a "teaching certificate". That's all. Check to confirm you meet the hiring requirements at the school you want to teach. Early childhood has seen a great increase in teachers. Check it out first before you pack your stockings.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment