Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How different is Puerto Rico? How long did it take to adjust to the language? Anything else I should know? I might have to move there.|||I've lived here for more than 10 years. It took some adjustment. The driving is insane, there is absolutely no courtesy on the road. But like my brother in law said, if you can drive here you can drive anywhere. The crazy inefficiency in the government is still a shock. Whether it's getting your drivers license or paying a tax, if they can make it complicated they will.

A lot of the stuff is the same. There's shopping malls, fast food chains and department stores. As far as the language goes it took me a while to pick it up. I'm sure if I had taken some classes it would have been faster, but I like to do things the hard way:) You just have to immerse yourself in it, don't fight it. Start by learning the basics, alphabet, pronunciation, and numbers then work your way into vocabulary. I was thrown right in, with no spanish, so I had to pick it up fast.

But living here has it's perks. The beach, mountains and food to name just a few!|||My boyfriend was born in arecibo pr but moved when he was 9 months old to flordia, but just moved back to pr.
Puerto rico is not much different you have all your local stores/fast foods like walmart, kfc ,mcdonalds,ect. You have schools, houses, banks, ect.
It does not take long i have many friends who move their and are learning their way around the spanish language. When you are around that type of people you surely will adapt to it.

BEST PART IS ... you use U.S.A currency in pr so no need to determine your money spending|||i dont live there but i want to move over there and i go over there at least 2 times a year for more than a month. I love it over there. my first time going i didnt know any spanish but after that i learned from my other visits and of course the music and friends i hung out with. When my friends ask me how is it over there i say great they have all the resturants they have in Newyork. There are people who do speak and understand english. Yes people drive Crazy over there but i just feel they are way more friendly .|||Yes. There are thousands of puertorricans who once lived in the US mainland and have moved back to the island with their US born children. Among these people were my own parents who lived in New York City for 21 years and decided to move back to PR in 1973 with all of us. We are six in all and we all born in New York City, NY. To this day, my sister Betty and my brother Rene still live in the island. I also have many US Born friends that live there. When I went to high school in PR, the school that I attended had a bilingual division to acomodate it's vast population of Us born students. As far as the language, we all knew how to speak Spanish, therefore, the transition in that regard was fairly easy.
If you are going to live in the island you may want to consider owning a car. The transportation there is not as good as here in NYC. I hope you find this information useful.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment