Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I would like to be a plastic surgeon in either Fajardo, Isla Verde or Rincon. But after looking at a few of the homes, they seem to be expensive, even for the houses with 1 bedroom. I plan to have a family so I would like a relatively big house. Would I be better off living in the states or at Puerto Rico?|||I'm going to perfectly honest with you, I live in Puerto Rico, I have lived here my whole life so I think I know what I'm talking about. I'm going to be moving to the states soon and let me tell you, real estate prices in PR are stupid. My house costs a total of 178,000 it is a three bedroom home, 2 1/2 bathroom, security controlled neighborhood (this is in the Central Area). I won't complain, my house is nice but I went to Florida to see houses and the house I saw for 153,000 was huge compared to mine. Not to mention the fact that it had waterview and what does mine have? Interstate view. Ah yes, the nice soothing sound of cars passing by and crashing at 2am while doing races.

I won't deny the fact that Puerto Rico is very beautiful and you would enjoy the beauty of Isla Verde and Fajardo but please take into consideration the salaries in PR are half or less than half of what you would get in the states. For example, my mother has been working for 15 years in the same company and she has a salary of 28,000, searching for jobs in FL we talked with someone who was willing to offer her a salary of 45,000 for better benefits, less working hours and 4 days instead of 5. That's DOUBLE.

Also keep in mind that because we belong to USA but are not a state, things are more expensive over here. I don't want to discourage you from coming to live here if you really want to. Puerto Rico is beautiful and has many things to do, but overall the government is full of shitheads and corrupt people. Also keep in mind that the places you want to live in are somewhat "country" so there's less jobs or lower salaries over there. I would suggest looking into San Juan (the house prices there are high though) but you can also live in Caguas (where I live) and work in San Juan (what I used to do).

Anyways, I can help you a lot more if you wish, contact me by email. (Just go to my profile my email is there). I will try to help you as much as possible! Have a nice day and Good luck!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment