Friday, February 24, 2012

I live in the Holyoke area, and somebody told me the other day that there is actually a sign in Puerto Rico that encourages people to immigrate to Holyoke because there are more "opportunities" (employment, education, etc.)

Is this actually true, though? And if so, does anybody know where I can find a picture of such a sign?|||Holy joke, Batman!
Did you hear that there are better employment opportunities at MA than in PR ???|||This is a joke, right? There is no sign. Maybe on a newspaper classified companies from MA might have posted something offering better job opportunities like lots of companies do. Please if someone finds that sign post it here.|||no sign
but problably a newspaper add, like the alaska adds encouraging people to go fish for a living and get opportunity jobs (which is a scam).|||Maybe you should wear a sign that says: Tell me anything, I'll believe it...|||i live in puerto rico and i have never seen that sing
|||Yep, it's true. I live in Puerto Rico. The sign was right on the beach at Luquillo, next to the kiosko where you can see the gorgeous bay and sea shore for miles, while you sit under the royal palms in your hammock and buy a coco frio instead of Pepsi Cola. The sign was not too far away from the tropical rain forest of El Yunque. Man, we are all dying to get to Holyoke, MA, here in PR. I saw that sign and packed it into my suitcase fast. I wanted to get some educational opportunities up North. I'm tired of the beautiful university campus in San Juan, and the endless number of other universities and little colleges around town. Why stay here in the Caribbean sunshine driving around and around on this lovely island with salsa on my car radio? I apologize to Holyoke, MA. No one else will see your sign. I have written a prayer on it to La Madama that I might get to see the mysteries of Holyoke one day. I have cooked it into my sofrito, into my arroz con dulce. I'm sorry. The sign was delicious. I ate it with fried plantains and pinchos. If you have some free time, plant a sign there in Holyoke, MA. It should say, come to Puerto Rico for opportunities of a lifetime, for a great education bilingue, and employment with dignity. Come to Puerto Rico, where life is like nothing you have ever enjoyed in Holyoke, MA. Let the Caribbean waves drift you here, amigo. Bienvenidos a mi pais, where we say hello with un abrazo.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment