Tuesday, February 14, 2012

We are flying in to San Juan, will probably have dinner with a Puerto Rican acquaintance. The next day we are visiting El Yunque. The rest of our vacation will be spent on Vieques (we'll be staying at a very nice inn). We normally spend our whole life in jeans and sneakers, but we read that people prefer dress to be a little more formal in Puerto Rico. How dressed up do we need to be to not feel out of place for where we'll be and what we'll be doing?|||I live here in Puerto Rico and we dress pretty much as the first answerer says. Long jeans, Capris, shorts, skinny jeans, skirts, even little summer dresses but what I see often is just people of all ages in jeans. As for shoes, sandals are really popular, flats and of course, if you are going out in the night you can wear some killer heels.

In San Juan and the metropolitan area you can see a little more, I wouldn't say formal, but maybe ''fashion'' young girls. But if you are going to be in Vieques you can just wear jeans, a tshirt, halter or tank tops. Whatever you feel comfortable.

*To El Yunque wear sneakers! Have fun.|||I've been to Puerto Rico and the people there dress similar to Americans.
I don't think anyone really cares what you wear :)
If the weather is warm, wear a summer dress and some sandals.
If it is a bit chilly, wear a cardigan, and some jeans.

I loved El Yunque although driving up the road was very scary.
The waterfalls are very pretty though.

Be careful, and have fun!|||First of all I frm Puerto Rico and what you read in overall correct. Dressing up is normal but you won't see people in sundresses and heels outside playing. Puerto Rico is more laid-back. Like me. I'm actually leaving for a flight at 3:00am this morning, well coming up. And i packed shorts, capris, and t-shirts. i've been to Puerto Rico, my hometown and that's what is usually seen. I was raised here in New Jersey though. Also, when you go to a resturant you should wear like a sundress and heels. Read me, do not overdress. Have fun is the most important thing.|||Well whenever I fly to Greece (which is a 10 hour flight) I usually dress comfortably, but I also try to look my best for my family which I do not get to see often. I would suggest wearing nice capri pants, with a loose and flow y shirt on top. Cute but comfy is the way to go... and definitely no heels; you should wear nice flip flops.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment