Friday, February 3, 2012

Would it be safe to travel from Miami to Puerto Rico with my 3 month old? In Miami I have central air conditioning, windows are closed etc and in Puerto Rico there is no a/c and windows are open constantly, and higher risk of getting bitten by mosquitos. Could this drastic environmental change be too much too soon for my baby?|||I doubt it.|||The heat is hard on a baby, but I would be concerned about the bug bites, mosquitos can be deadly these days. Using things like Off on a baby isn't good either so I would put the trip off if it were me and my child.|||Your best bet would be to check with your doctor, however there are some conditions you may want to consider. The heat can at times become oppressive, especially in the Southern regions around Ponce. Fire ants, mosquitos and other biting insects can cause trouble and it is good to avoid the uncut portions of yards.|||In PR we do have a/c, most of the places have them. I'm infact right now in a room with the a/c turned on. Anyways I don't think it's a lot of a difference, I would me more concerned about traveling in an airplane with a 3 month old, there are lots of germs because the air gets thinner at the altitude planes fly. Sometimes we get affected by Sahara dessert dust in the air but right now it's not a problem. It's very hot over here so bring fresh clothes but at the same time which protects him/her from mosquitos.
Have a safe trip, good luck!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment