Friday, February 3, 2012

Hello. I am from New Jersey. I am 18 years old and planning on attending college somewhere in Puerto Rico. I have a house in Luquillo. The longest I've been in Puerto Rico was 14-16 days. I really enjoyed it over there. My parents want me to go to college over there. So if I attend college there I will be living there for a year or so. I am very excited because I don't like New Jersey so it feels good knowing I am going to be away from here. Can someone tell how the lifestyle in Puerto Rico is?|||For me it was a culture shock. I came from North Carolina and moved to Puerto Rico during middle school. I stayed for high school and made a lot of new friends. Here are some things you should know (especially if you plan on studying here):

Driving is crazy! I don't know how driving in Jersey is but here it's different, especially on the west coast of the island. I haven't been to Luquillo specifically though so it may not be the same.

Your requirements for college are different. You need to take the college board test (other than SAT) and have studied, I believe, one semester of PR History. Some of your classes may be taught in Spanish so you need to learn or brush up on it if you haven't already done so.

The food here is different. There isn't too much of a variety of brand-name restaurants. Sure, there is Mcdonalds and Wendys, but I haven't found too many Olive Gardens or IHOPs. There's a mix and match of restaurants. Also, most of the food I've found is greasy and fried. Not that that's a bad thing! It's great! For example, there are pinchos, empanadas (or empanadillas), tostones, and mofongo.

Hope it helps!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment