Friday, February 3, 2012

My husband and I are planning a nice getaway we are considering Puerto rico but it is safe to eat there and to eat there food? I've heard many stories and rumors about Mexico and China and I sure don't want to have a burger made out of rat, cat or dog meat ? Please send feedback.|||there are 3 million residents do you think they do take out from florida|||hahaha

Report Abuse

|||Well, looks like you got really good answers by everyone, but I just wanted to clarify that there is nothing to worry about the food they eat in China. They do eat dog meat in some areas but you really have to look for it and you don't have to worry about people giving you dog food instead of what you would really want cuz dog meat is considered high class food and its very expensive since the dogs they cook are especially bred to be eaten. The same thing goes for rat meat, they don't eat just any rat they find in a sewer.

good luck in Puerto Rico if you decide to go!|||Puerto Rico is one of the most safe Islands to eat. In Puerto Rico, our sanitizing and health regulations are very strick, all the restaurants in Puerto Rico, must meet all the sanitizing required by the OSHA law. Like most places when you travel always recommend to drink water from bottles, never let any waiter open the bottle for you even if you order a soda, clean the surface first you drink anything, these are just safety tips, because the Porcina Flu or the A1HN1, you must take your precautions, because even in the U.S. the flu is getting a lots of people.

If you decide to have your vacations in Puerto Rico, I hope you enjoy, let me suggest, places to go.... To eat you can go to Tijuanas Restaurant in San Juan, Ajili Mojili, El Escambron Resturante and the beach is one of most beautiful in PR, el Yunque, if come to PR and you don't visit el Yunque... i guess you will have to come back.... Enjoy!!|||It depends on who is making your food and the establishment. There is some risk of Hepatitis A from insufficient hygiene in the preparation of food. I've read this in several reputable travel guides. The same with the U.S. Virgin Islands even though those are u.s. territories. There are vaccines you can take just in case. I do think it is overall safe. You should ask your doctor (a professional), instead of just people's personal experiences, and use personal discernment while traveling. I would not eat at many restaurants even here in the states, and I have got sick in the U.S. from inadequate hygiene and poor food storage. Ask people what are some good places to eat while there, etc.

Depending on where we go, our immune system may not be as effective against a bacteria or virus in another area if we have never been exposed to it.


It's not a silly question to ask about your health.|||What you have herd is completely FALSE!!!! Puerto Rico food is completely safe. I been in Puerto Rico many times and I am still alive. Puerto Rican food is NOT made from rat,cats,dog, or any thing that you would see in China. An Important fact is that Puerto Rico is a part of the USA so they have the same laws and regulations. They have restaurants like Burger King, Denny's, KFC, McDonald's........

So yeah that is complete false i would know because I am Puerto Rican! So go head and go, I am sure you'll have a great vacation.|||The food in Puerto Rico is very safe and delicious. The hygiene standards over there are high. For some reason Puerto Ricans are very clean and very conscious about hygienic and therefore, you can eat the food without any remorse or disgust. Only first class food. What they don't eat, won't be served to others.|||Absolutely it is safe! You can drink the tap water there. Puerto Rico is a Commonwealth of the United States, so they have to adhere to federal water safetly regulations. The food is great there. I recommend trying mofongo. If you don't like trying new food, not to worry for you can't drive 10 miles without finding an American fast food joint. They have McDonald's, KFC, Chili's, etc. What is so great about Puerto Rico is how similar and also how different it is compared to the USA. The architecture of the buildings is wonderful and you feel like you are in a completely different country. However, you can feel safe walking on the streets and almost everyone in urban areas speak English. You will not have a problem ordering food or getting directions from anybody. If you do rent a car, spend the extra money on the GPS and on car insurance. Not many streets are marked very well and everyone on the island has a different driving style from USA. Stopping at a stop sign or using your turning signals is rare. But after a half of a day driving in the traffic, you get used to it. But if you look around, a lot of cars there have little dents. My friend and I laughed about it when we were there.|||Puertuo rico doesn't have unsafe food to eat or water that is polluted, everything is fine over there, ive been there several times and no food is made out of rat or anything like tht, but the water i hate because its just well tastes different from water we drink from america.hope this helps|||The food uses in PR are from US because we are USA. The meat here is USDA Choice and have the same regulations that USA have. You can find here all the american brands like, Quik, Oreo, Kraft, minute Maid, everything you need from USA you can find here everywhere.|||Becasue Puerto Rico is a US territory, they have alot of the same federal guide.

Mofongo is great, and there are alot of chain restaurants as well.

No worries.

Courtney Kostelecky
Author Puerto Rico Travel Secrets|||For some reason I find that kind of offensive...

Anyway it's completly safe, those are all urban legends.
I reccommend eating as many local dishes as possible: mofongo, tostones, arroz con habichuelas..etc|||Our food is a safe as it is in the States. The FDA inspects our food and tap water. A long time ago I was a homeless IV drug user and never had the need to eat food made of rat, cat or dog meat.|||mexico and china are two different places the food in Puerto Rico its great you gonna love it we don't eat dogs or rats or anything like that the only thing we eat its like chicken pork and stuff like that|||Very safe! And a lot safer than eating from a New York City food street vendor.|||Puerto Rico is great, and there are no more problems with the food or the water in San Juan than you would find in any other city in the US. Enjoy!|||Puerto Rico has a variety of delicious dishes......it is 150% safe to eat there.... have fun on ur trip|||Haha. Sorry, but these kind of questions really crack me up!|||its safe!|||yes

火车采集器

1 comment:

  1. I want to say thanks to this great man called Dr Unoko who helped me in my marriage life. my name is Sarah Hasbarger lives in USA memphise so i was married to Albert we both love and like each other before our marriage, he care about my well being so i was so happy that i have found a man like this in my life my parents love him so much because of his kindness towards me and the way he care about me after four years in my marriage, no child he was not showing me much care anymore but i notice something is going on which i no. then i keep on with the relationship and i was hoping one day God will open my way to have a child in my home then i keep on going to church from one play to another by telling all the pastors about my problems that i don't have a child so many of them promise me that soon i we have a child in my home i keep on hoping in God's miracle on till one day when i went for a visit in my friend office then i was welcome by my friend we started dis causing about so many things on marriage life i was so shock she ask me about my wedding and what is going on till now i still don't have a child then i told her my dear sister i don't no what to do anymore and am scared of loosing my husband who have be caring for me for a long time now then she said i we not loosing him i ask how? then she said there is one man called Dr Unoko who help in a relationship then i keep on asking how about him she told me this man can do all thing and make things possible i never believe her for once that this man she is talking about can do it so fast. also i ask her how do i get his contact she said i should not worry my self then she gave me his contact email ID and his number to contact him i said ok i will try my best to do so she wish me the best of luck in life then i went home gotten home, found that my door is open i was scared thinking so many things i don't no who is in my house now i look at the key in my hand i was thinking i did not lock my door shortly a word came into my mind that i should go inside and check if there is any body at home or my husband getting inside, i found that my husband move away his things in the house then i started calling his number refuses to pick i was like a mad Dog i cried and cried don't no what to do then i remember to that a friend of mine gave me a contact today i take my computer i emailed this man called Dr Unoko also i called him on his cell phone which i received from my friend he spoke to me very well and i was happy my husband we come back to me so after the work was well done by Dr Unoko, just in three days i heard my phone ringing not knowing it was my husband telling me his sorry about what he did to me then i accepted him again a month later, i was pregnant for him so i rest my testimony till i deliver safely i we give the best testimony again so my sisters and brothers if you are in such pain kindly contact this great man with this email {DR.UNOKOSPELLTEMPLE30@GMAIL.COM} OR CALL +2348103508204

    ReplyDelete